Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Holiday's Craze: Robot Hampsters


Practically every year there's a holiday craze for some toy. This year it happens to be Zhu Zhu pets, little robotic hamsters. The toy runs from 8-10 dollars. They scurry around, make around forty different noises and even come with accessories: a car and a house. They also have a setting to "snuggle." One reason some people think the toy is a hit is because they are inexpensive. Another possibility is because these little toys are now scarce because their demand is so high. Some are being resold online for around forty dollars. Personally, I don't understand the hype like many others; they are just tiny little robotic toys, however I am not ten anymore so how can I truly be the judge? If I had children of my own though, I might be more interested in these furry little robots. It is unfortunate that we forget what it's like being young at times and the experiences that accompany youth. I often wonder what growing up in this era would be like because of all of cool advancements in toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment