Monday, December 14, 2009

Avoiding Technology?

I know that since I am a new media student, it only makes sense that I would have the latest gadgets technology has to offer, but I have yet to invest in an iPhone or an equivalent touch-screen device. I've toyed around with them, sure, but for some reason I think I have a slight fear of converting to the most modern technology and for this I may be somewhat old fashioned. Or maybe I'm just too simple for all of these new inventions. (And maybe I'm also broke because I'm still a student.) Whatever the reason, I am not up-to-date with my gadgets. My current cell phone is a bit beyond the basic flip phone; on the front screen there is a touch option for you to turn on your music, set your phone volume or turn on blue tooth, but it is not your full-fledged touch device nor would it likely support a number of apps. I desperately need a new ipod because my ancient ipod mini barely holds a charge. I considered getting an itouch and a few friends have suggested the itouch when I do decide to upgrade my ipod, and yet I am still slightly hesitant in getting one. On the bright side, I know I'll eventually have to face getting a touch-screen phone since it is becoming the standard. And getting a new phone just may be in the near future considering I dropped mine last week and cracked the front screen. Maybe with the new year will come more funds and bravery for investing in the most modern technology, but for now I'm content with my basic technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment