Monday, December 14, 2009

Locating Someone Online


As mentioned in my previous blog, the vast amount of information the internet provides is incredible as well as the ease with which you can obtain your desired information. Recently a friend mentioned to me they happened to type my name into google search. Interestingly enough, he said my N201Fall09 blog appeared along with my posts. My profile for my blog is very minimal, but it does include my photo. I didn't think he was lying, but wanted to see the results for myself, so I googled my name. Immediately two links were displayed that were directly related to me: my linkedin page and the link to this blog. (A facebook page link was also displayed with the same name, but when I clicked on it, did not show my profile.) It only took a few seconds to find my place on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment