Sunday, November 8, 2009

Digital Candy Tutorial


Below is a link to a web design library with a tutorial on how to create your own digital candy. (The one demonstrated is a peppermint.) This tutorial primarily uses Photoshop and goes through the process step-by-step from the very beginning and even shows you the viewer windows (as screen shots). I encountered new filters and effects when reading through the instructions, such as distorting polar coordinates. The designer(s) suggest once you’ve finished your digital candy you can use it to decorate photos, for scrapbooking, or even in making your own Christmas cards. To me this is a great “tutorial” if you will because as a student in New Media, using Photoshop is a basic skill that is necessary. Even though I am already somewhat familiar with Photoshop, I could always stand to gain something new. Another reason I was intrigued by this tutorial is because I love scrapbooking, so to have a tool to add to my designs in that respect is even better. In fact, when I have the time, I'd like to go through the whole process to make my own candy design.


http://www.webdesign.org/photoshop/drawing-techniques/digital-candy.14133.html

No comments:

Post a Comment