Monday, November 23, 2009

Human teeth: as jewelry


The teeth shown in the left photo are sterilized and then hand-set in sterling silver by Australian silversmith Polly van der Glas. Some that are used are canine teeth. I don't believe I'd adorn myself with foreign teeth, or my own for that matter, but the general concept of recycled jewelry is interesting. I visited her website, but no pricing for her items was listed. To be honest, I find this particular display of teeth as jewelry somewhat dull. I did some searching and found another similar approach to human jewelry. Some people in China are saving their children's teeth and encasing them in glass charms for necklaces. I found it interesting that these pieces were being created by Chinese dental clinics. These pieces I find a lot more of an attractive approach to the concept. I might actually wear something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment