Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Geeked-up sneakers

These have to be the most creative kicks I've ever seen. Made by Gabriel Dishaw, a junk-metal artist, they are made from pieces of recycled computer chips and typewriters using only glue and metal bending techniques. The article claimed they are not wearable and weigh about fifteen pounds, but do make "quite the fashion statement." It took three weeks to construct them and they even come with a carrying case. The artist has made five sculptures so far and has gotten a lot of attention from quite a few eco-friendly sites such as ecouterre.com, earth-stream.com, inhabitat. com and of course tree-hugger. His inspiration for his sneaker projects comes from his love for shoes. I checked out the links at the end of the article and found even more ideas of what some are doing with junk. There's a website, etsy.com that features creative re-use of junk. It's so inventive I think I'll have to make it one of my future entries :).

(http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/11/sneakers-for-geeks-and-hackers-are-made-from-recycled-computer-chips.php) link where I found the sneakers

No comments:

Post a Comment