Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bangarang remix to 'Hook'


A friend of mine recently posted this video on his Facebook page. Typically I don't watch these sorts of things, however because it was about Steven Spielberg's 1991 film Hook, one of my childhood favorites, I decided I'd give this remix a shot. Anyone who was familiar with this movie as a child surely appreciates this video. I can't begin to describe how happy it made me and how much it made me miss being young. Every minute of the video is wonderful and exciting. As a student studying audio and visual production, it was also inspiring for me. The creator, with youtube username Fagottron is extremely talented at remixing popular tunes from classics (for ecample Disney's Alice In Wonderland or Mary Poppins) and syncing them with original film clips. The Austrailian took actual sounds from the original movie, included a sine wave bass and cymbals, and arranged them in his own way to create his video 'Bangarang'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65PiKsNhCsc

No comments:

Post a Comment