Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jewelry from junk




As noted, a post referring to the great things you can make from garbage persay. Here's an idea for the creative women out there: make your own jewelry from your junk. To me this sounds like a fabulous idea, but unfortunately I don't have the time. Thankfully there are artists who do however, like those at etsy.com. Artists here hand-make all sorts of things; some recycle waste of some sort into hand-crafted jewelry like Audrey Rogers. All of her proceeds go towards medical expenses for her mother, recently diagnosed with lymphoma. Thinking about it, the general idea is relatively cheap. The labor isn't too extensive, and best of all you make a profit doing something you enjoy. This design is also eco-friendly so you could think of it as doing your small part in some way. Skimming through the jewelry on etsy.com I found a myriad of pieces I'd like to own and I saw so much creativity that it inspired me to once again make my own jewelry...maybe over winter break. For now, maybe I'll just get my friends some unique gifts for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment