Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2012 Fear Factor 10/1


http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

I recently saw the trailer for the new film coming out in November, 2012. I was amazed at the special effects in the preview. Buildings were crumbling and giant waves were washing over the planet, everything seemed so real. It gave me goosebumps to see such mass destruction, and also because it is believed this could actually occur. I'm not certain what I believe, whether the world will end then or not, but I do know that the art direction and the special effects combined were enough to put me on edge. Obviously this was the intention, to create a jaw-dropping experience. It was definitely effective for me. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire film, although I know it will evoke a great deal of emotion because of the particular premise on which it is based.

The director of this film, Roland Emmerich also directed Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow. It has been a while since I've seen Independence Day, but I remember The Day After Tomorrow and how emotionally effective it was, partially due to its New York City setting. I'm curious to see how other people feel about this new film and the many different reactions it will evoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment