Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sound in a Dark Room 10/13

I know typically sound design is not as recognized as most other forms of design, but recently I heard a song recommended to me and it absolutely blew me away. It is by Telefon Tel Aviv, an electronic group formed in 1999 that currently consists of only one guy. (It began with two, but the other passed.) The name of the song is "Sound in a Dark Room." Upon hearing it, I instantly liked it, probably after the first 30-45 seconds. I got that familiar feeling I get when I hear something wonderful, like a euphoric wave of emotion ; this feeling usually gives me the goosebumps and is why I love music so much. The song reminds me of Washington state. For me a bittersweet feeling of happiness and yet a tad bit disheartening. The instruments, or sound clips used are so unique, and the song as a whole is combined beautifully. It could be that because I favor this genre of music, I love this song, but I think it is indesputably exotic. Also the fact that it is so compelling without words says a lot for instrumental music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYnmP8HOZ00

No comments:

Post a Comment