Monday, September 14, 2009

New Pabst Billboards 9/17


The new billboards for Pabst are very abstract and strange. They are vividly detailed, but I don't feel the "creatures" fit the product identity of this lower-cost beer. The artwork is interesting, don't get me wrong, I just feel another depiction would serve this beer better. I think a more effective advertisement might feature average people in average settings and situations, or less abstract art. Here (to the right) is the original logo. Its appeal seems the direct opposite of the new artwork in the ads. Below is a newer ad with the same artistic style as the first billboard, but it isn't so obscure. I can agree with this one, I just can't seem to understand the company's approach with the odd creature features.

No comments:

Post a Comment