Monday, September 14, 2009

Gladiator's? Hmm... 9/14



SO, within the last few months I've noticed the popularity of these "trendy" sandals grow. It is a mystery to me, however. I just can't conceive wearing such a silly looking pair of sandals. They not only look semi-masculine, but they aren't complementing to females. All I can think when I look at them is 'Who decided this was cute?' Maybe if you're dressing up for a party or for Halloween they wouldn't be so bad, in fact they are a pretty accurate depiction of real gladiators. The one's shown above are overkill, but the shorter one's aren't as bad. I mean they still have a slight masculine look, but at least it doesn't crawl up your leg.
When I reflect on the girls I have seen wearing them, none at IUPUI come to mind. That doesn't mean they aren't wearing them, but they sure aren't that common. Most of the girls I've seen in them are younger, most likely high-schoolers. Aside from looks, they even seem like they would be difficult to put on with all of the straps to undo and redo. Now, sandals that have ribbon that wrap around your leg are a much more sensible and attractive approach for those who want their sandals to extend upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment